RE: zip-out rear window

To: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: zip-out rear window
From: Ryan van Luchene <Ryan.van.Luchene@celeradiagnostics.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:02:07 -0800
Actually, my top seems like it's good quality, AMCO style. The upholstery
shop special ordered it.  On my old top, the window was getting so hazy, I
kept it zipped out all the time, until the window finally cracked. It
didn't have a strap with the female snap. The rear bulkhead doesnt have
male snaps either. Gee whiz, Mrs. Cleaver, I feel like I'm missin out on
all the proper and original window-attaching fun!

Ryan

"Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
11/12/2004 08:29 PM

"'Ryan van Luchene'" <Ryan.van.Luchene@celeradiagnostics.com>,
<6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
cc

Subject
RE: zip-out rear window

All the good top manufacturers sew short straps to the fabric at the
corners of the window (as original) which should have a female snap
attached which snaps onto the male snap on each side of the rear
bulkhead. If your top doesn't have the straps then I wouldn't buy from
the supplier again and your window will flop around at speed when
unzipped and the side windows are down.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

i had a new vinyl top w/reflective strips and Z.R.W. installed on my TR6

about 3 years ago. I'd like to unzip the window, but don't know how to
properly hold the window when it's rolled down. My top doesn't have a
strap or anything to hold it down properly (which i have seen in an
illustration in the official driver's handbook). Is this something that
you have to custom install?

Ryan