new top

To: "6pack@Autox. Team. Net" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: new top
From: "Ian Breyer" <IBreyer@fw1.Hartynet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:13:20 -0500
Has anyone powder coated the convertible top frame? Is this just silly and
paint is good enough?

Thanks for the help.

Peter
'68 TR250

Peter,

I just redid my top this summer. If I was to do it over again I would
probably have it powder coated.

I gave the top frame a quick coat of primer then spray paint after an
admittedly half-assed hand sanding. The results were OK. It looks a lot
better than it did but the paint has flaked off in a few places. I suspect
if I had done a really great job of sanding or maybe used a brush on
paint??? the results may have been better. That being said it took me long
enough as it was to put the new top on.

Ian