Re: More questions about the optional original hard top...

To: Joseph Grant <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: More questions about the optional original hard top...
From: Walt Boeninger <walt.boeninger@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:32:56 -0800
Assuming it is a factory top, it should be painted the same as the car.

  http://www.norcal-saac.org/triumph/pa060012.jpg

The above is an original, never repainted '74 TR-6  As you can see, the back
points of the top extend quite a bit back beyond the convertible top mounting
flange.  Yes, paint damage is possible, but not probable.  But *anything*
that sits on a painted surface can cause problems.  Even those front end
bras people use... I will never use one, the paint can fade, water danage etc..

The rubber should keep the top raised above the deck surface, you can see
daylight under the rear of the top in this photo..... but the rubber sitting
on the deck can leave a scuff.....  I don't know if there is anyway to
avoid any possible marking.

   http://www.norcal-saac.org/triumph/pa060016.jpg

The chrome trim is correct.  Your choice.

Walt
-----