Pressure brake bleeder

To: 6Pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pressure brake bleeder
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:08:23 +0000
List:
Thanks to those who responded regarding my request for brake bleeding info.
I decided to have a go at the home made brake bleeder as described on the
Buckeye Triumphs website technical section.  Mine varies in that I mounted
the air pressure gauge on the sprayer tank itself instead of the spare MC
cap.  I put a 1/4" air fitting on a the spare MC cap.  Check out the
original at:
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Brake%20Bleeding/Power%20Brake%20Bleeder.htm.

  This is similar to the Eezibleed system.  I used a 1 gallon sprayer so it
should hold enough fluid for a complete system flush and bleed.  I've pumped
up the tank with air to 20 psi.  It's held that pressure for an hour long
"dry" test.  I sure don't want to spew brake fluid everywhere!

I'll bleed the brakes on Saturday and give a report then.  I plan to use no
more than 16-17 psi for the bleed process.  Any ideas how much psi the
system is subjected to under normal brake usage?

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'72 TR6