Re: Front Suspension - Taking things apart

To: <mccafferty@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Front Suspension - Taking things apart
From: "The Romagni's" <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:34:07 -0600
Hi Sean,

The ball joints and tie rod ends do not screw in, they are tapered and fit
via friction. To remove, use a pickle fork. Here's a link to what it looks
like; http://jcsonlinetoolshed.com/product.php/5879/832/

You can probably source one from the local NAPA or other auto parts store.
The tines fit around the ball joint or tie rod end. Pound on the end and
they should pop free. To seat the new ones, just tighten the nuts. They will
pull up tight. If I recall correct, I lubed mine before re-assembly. Here's
another link having good step by step instructions on tearing the whole
thing off and putting it back together;
http://www.tr6world.com/front_suspension.htm

Did my suspension last year, plus re-built the steering rack - big
difference, waaay tighter and more responsive. Good luck!

Marty Romagni
1974 TR6
Painesville, Ohio