Re: Front Suspension - Taking things apart

To: "Sean McCafferty" <mccafferty@sympatico.ca>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Front Suspension - Taking things apart
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:58:53 -0500
Sean,

If you can get a pickle fork, great.  But if you have a decent sized hammer
or hard mallet a good wallop on the side of the 'ring' portion of the
vertical link and tie rod will cause the respective parts to pop right off.
The momentary compression squeezes the tapered ball joint or tie rod.   Just
lay the end of the link or tie rod with the part in it down on a hard
surface, hold it steady and hit the 'ring' section HARD.   You will not
damage anything.

I didn't believe it when I first was told to try this, but it works like a
charm everytime!

Greg Dito
CD6250L

.....I'm trying to remove the upper ball joint from the vertical link and
the