RE: Headlight Conversion

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: Headlight Conversion
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:50:49 -0700
In some states it is illegal to put an HID (High Intensity Discharge) style of
headlights into a car that isn't optioned with them from the factory. Some
jurisdictions are more prone to police it than others. I know some Colorado
Law Enforcement Agencies are very strict on it. As a result there are many
import owners that are constantly getting tickets.

 The lights that Vance mentions will provide more lumens but you don't even
have to order them from VB. Any parts store will carry them. They are a
standard 7" round halogen units.

 I spent a bit more coin and have installed Cibie's. The glass cut pattern on
these and the resulting beam shape are awesome. They throw a very even pattern
of light. There are no hot spots, just bright even illumination.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO