RE: Clutch Release From Floor

To: "triumph6970@netzero.com" <triumph6970@netzero.com>,
Subject: RE: Clutch Release From Floor
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 07:19:32 -0600
<triumph6970@netzero.com> =====
>Clutch release comes off the floor. I've spring pinned the shaft in the bell
housing in two locations along with the regular pin.
>It appears the peddle has some slop before in grabs. Do these tent to have
weak springs?

You could also have wear in the pedal box itself. The pins in the pivot points
in the pedal box tend to be forgotten about when it comes to lubrication and
they can actually generate a lot of slop. Just like the pin in the release arm
where the clutch slave connects to the tranny. If the pin wears or the holes
oval out then there is slop.

too early, need coffee. Ugh.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO