Re: First encounter with.....

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First encounter with.....
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 22:45:10 -0700
Robert----Glad that the major part of your project turned out well. So
far as the brake light switch operation, this should be an easy one.
These switches are "normally closed". That is, if nothing is pressing
against the switch plunger, the cricuit is complete, and the brake
lights will go on. (It shouldn't make any difference which wire goes
where).The switch can be adjusted in or out so that the brake pedal
makes contact with it, thereby opening the switch, (Brake lights go out)
You should be able to set it so the brake lights are activated, just as
the pedal is depressed.
It's possible thatthe switch is bad, of course, but it can be bench
checked with a continuity tester if you can't get it adjusted to work on
the car.

Dick

robertbreazeale@msn.com(Robert Breazeale) 6pack@autox.team.net (6pack)
Subject: First encounter with the Prince of Darkness?

Greetings,

   .......mean removing the electrical connection to the brake light
switch - hence my problem.
The problem is, now the brake lights are on all the time! I even marked
the wires so I would reconnect them the same way when I removed the
pedal box. Short of just replacing the brake light switch at the pedal,
anyone have any ideas? Or similar experiences?
As always, your advice and support are greatly appreciated.
Cheers and happy shifting!
Robert Breazeale
'68 TR250 CD1553L
Folsom, California