shaft bushing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: shaft bushing
From: "mitch vamos" <mitchvamos@operamail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 15:41:53 +0100
On my drivers side i used a threaded brass bushing that already had a hole
about the same size of the shaft. i BARELY reamed out the hole in the firewall
and it threaded right in from the engine compartment side. I screwed a brass
cap on the other side by your feet just in case the bushing might back out some
day, it had a hole for the shaft already also premade. I used a large flat
washer on the in and outside also. Works excellent and no squeaks. Bought the
fitting at lowes for a few bucks.
On the passenger side i used the regular bushing, it popped right in can't
remember if i reamed the hole a tad or not but it's plenty tight.

hope that made sense