%&?#@"! filler plug!!

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: %&?#@"! filler plug!!
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 11:54:18 -0700 (PDT)
It's the little innocuous things that one assumes aren't a problem that keep
confounding me!

My latest foe is the filler plug for the gearbox. The blasted thing won't
budge. I've tried soaking it with PB'Laster. Tapping on it. Swearing at it. All
to no avail. It's 7/16" square OEM plug. I don't want to bugger it by rounding
off the corners. I've tried using a 7/16" open end wrench and vise grips. I've
thought about sticking on the drive end of a 1/2" drive socket and twisting it
with BF vise grips. Any other suggestions? And just to be safe I have to ask
this: The plug is loosened by turning counter-clockwise, right?

Now please excuse me. My work break is over - back to being the village idiot.

Jim