Brake light switch

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake light switch
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 13:53:04 -0700 (PDT)
The only thing I didn't see among all of the great comments about the brake
switch problem was that the switch is not the stop for the upper travel of the
brake pedal.  There is a bolt head adjustment somewhere up there that serves
this purpose.  When I did my restoration (in the dim past) I didn't realize
this and kept buggering up the switch when the brake pedal kept bashing the
little plastic switch.  Of course the bashing kept the switch from opening so
the brake lights didn't work rather than stayed on all the time.  More recently
a club member had a brake light on all the time problem and an old time
restoration guy just put a pair of channel locks on the tab that holds the
switch and bent it down a 1/16 of an inch or so which more fully engaged the
little plunger and the problem was solved.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6

Yahoo! Sports