Re: Steel Rims

To: jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steel Rims
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:48:49 EDT
In a message dated 7/8/2005 7:54:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu writes:

No  one  responded to my question the other day , so I will ask in  another
way.

I want  to
be certain that the rims are worth powdercoating.  If someone  replaced
theirs out of necessity, how did you arrive at that  conclusion?

Maybe nobody responded because unless they are REALLY bad its pretty hard  to
tell anything at home.
The best way to tell for sure is have someone who can mount and balance
these wheels by their 4 lug holes (not the hole in the center - which is not
always in the center) spin and measure them. One place you can do this is
Hendrix
Wire Wheel in Greensboro, NC. - _www.hendrixwirewheel.com_
(http://www.hendrixwirewheel.com)   -  Allen can tell you to the nearest 1/1000
of an inch how
far off your wheel  is.
Next best way - get somebody to put the wheel (without tire) on a  balance
machine and spin it by hand and watch for deviations

Good Luck
Jack Mc