Steel Rims

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Steel Rims
From: jserignese@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:51:19 -0400
No one  responded to my question the other day , so I will ask in another
way.

I  am riding around on 20 year old tires, the original shocks, my seats
needs rebuilding, and the interior needs insulation, so I can not attribute
my bumpy/noisy ride to anything specific.

There have been many posts about replacement (alloy) wheels and the
pleasure gained from ridding oneself of the out-of round, dangerous and
unsightly appearance of the original steel rims.  1000  pardons but, I like
the way the original wheels look and want to keep them.  However, I want to
be certain that the rims are worth powdercoating.  If someone replaced
theirs out of necessity, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Thanks.   Jim