Dust boots and caliper pistons

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Dust boots and caliper pistons
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:10:41 -0400
List,

I'm having a heck of a time installing new dust boots and caliper pistons on my
TR250 16P calipers.
Is there a trick to this? Seems impossible to put the dust boot on after the
piston is in the
caliper. But putting the dust boot on first and then putting the caliper in
seems close to
impossible too.

These are the early 16P calipers. The dust boot attaches to the caliper in a
groove just at the top
of the cylinder in the caliper. The later 16PB has a male flange sort of thing
that extends above
the caliper's cylinder, and the dust boot attaches to that. Seems much easier
than these early 16P
calipers.

Must be a trick to it.

Don Malling