Subject: Gasket Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, rmweber_99@yahoo.com
Subject: Subject: Gasket Question
From: MTRsix71@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 21:06:31 EDT
Ron,

"""Question #1: It appears that there are two gaskets for the front engine
plate included in the Payen Top End gasket kit. One appears to be unimpregnated
 brown paper gasket and the other is an impregnated gray gasket. My instinct
is  to use the gray gasket alone but why would two be supplied with the Payen
kit?"""

When I did my front engine plate, I removed what appeared to be a thin  paper
gasket. The replacement gasket I got individually from TRF was a thicker
gray material. I thought thicker would be better and installed. When I got to
the point where you reinstall the cam shaft retaining plate it would barely fit

into the groove as the thicker gasket brought the plate out farther as well.
There is supposed to be a specific clearance for this cam plate and I had to
shave off some of the cam plate to get it to fit properly. Just  an FYI.

Good Luck,
MRankin
1971 TR6 CC 61212 L