Re: TR6 steering wheel nut size?

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 steering wheel nut size?
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:26:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Joe Merone wrote:

> Greetings all:
>
> What is the size of the nut on the steering wheel
> column of the TR6?

I believe the nut is 1-1/16" I recall this because I had to buy a socket
for the job... my 1-1/8" was too loose.

Note: DO NOT CROSSTHREAD THE SHAFT WHEN PUTTING THE NUT BACK ON.

The thread is some wierd thread (probably Whitworth).

> All I know is that it's larger than any socket I've
> got in my set so I need to stop by a parts store and
> get one before putting on my new wood wheel.

Yep.

> Thanks,
> Joe Merone
> CF18928

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx