Triple Carbs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Triple Carbs
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:47:40 EDT
Okay, I made a major amount of headway last evening on my triple carb set-up.
I replaced the bolts supplied with the kit with actual manifold studs and
nuts. I think that the bolts were bottoming out and not drawing the manifold
tight to the gasket and head. Still have an irregular idle but I can hear a lot
of
spark scatter in the distributor cap. Looks like the rotor is firing off the
heel to #4. I am going to try Dick Taylor's trick and shorten the spring on
the retard module. Also have a stutter on acceleration and low rpm stumble that
may be related to spark scatter or carb tuning. Linkage needs final
adjustment. Will report when I get it all sorted out. Thanks to all who pitched
in.
Vance, I promise to leave it alone for a while.
Mike C '71 TR6  Tri-Power  (add gorrilla grunt)