Early distributor on later carb engines

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, stan.foster@hp.com
Subject: Early distributor on later carb engines
From: Dale M Osterndorf <osternd@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:11:21 -0400
Stan,

I would definitely recommend it.  It works well when set up correctly and
give better gas mileage.  Plumb in a T and check that the advance (vacuum
gauge) works correctly at speed.  I can provide you with some numbers on
mine if interested.  Here is a picture of my setup:
http://www.triumphowners.com/uploaded/34/2968-2968-111032_14distadv.jpg
I believe I had to offset the distributor by a tooth and change the Crane
pickup a bit to get the tach cable to go back straight (stock is bent a
little).  The only caveat is that the cap clip on the back side
interferes a bit with the plug wire.

Good luck!

Dale O
'76 TR6