RE: Early distributor....

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Early distributor....
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 23:21:27 -0400
Thanks everyone for the many helpful suggestions. I learned quite a lot
today including the fact that when setting idle timing with no vacuum
retard connected I must use 10 degrees BTDC and not 4 degrees after...

I also learned that this is a worthwhile modification to aid with
performance and fuel economy so I plan to pursue it. I believe at this
time I have some fundamental problems with this particular unit (like
the drive dog 180 degrees out of whack) that need to get sorted before I
continue but this is not a bad background project to tinker with over
the summer and I'll report back as things evolve.

Stan