Big Bang revisited

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Big Bang revisited
From: stubeatty@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:09:49 -0400
After a lot of snooping around under the car, it turns out the cause of the big
bang is not u-joints or suspension parts. It turns out one of the axle bearings
has failed. I would like thank everyone who replied to my earlier questions.

All of the suppliers I have contacted have replacement bearings supplied by
Consolidated Bearings in NJ, but the bearing itself is made in India. Roadster
Factory has the product back ordered which seems to be the norm for them.

Has anyone had any experience good or bad with these bearings? I do not want to
be repeating this exercise again in a few years due to poor quality issues.

I plan on replacing both of the inner and outer rear hub bearings and both axle
bearings.

As I do not have a parts book, can anyone let me know the part numbers? I would
like to cross reference to an SKF, FAG or Timkin bearing.
Any thoughts on these bearings would be appreciated as well.

Thanks
Stuart Beatty
Belleville Canada
Hoping to get the car on the road before the snow flies!!