RE: Can someone help with some bolts?

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>, "Vito\(DSL\)"
Subject: RE: Can someone help with some bolts?
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:19:57 -0700 (PDT)
Stan is correct that dowels are sold & some people
have used drill bits...myself included, but speaking
from personal experience, dowels will fall out.  The
gearbox probably won't move, but it could.  That said,
I'd use bolts of the same diameter as the dowels.  You
may have to drill the holes out to accept the correct
size as the holes in the tranny tend to mushroom.

It's relatively important to keep the gearbox lined up
properly so you don't get that sticky clutch...ask me
how I know:-)

Todd Bermudez
CD198L(restoration...3 years now)
CF25768UO(surrey topped)