fabricate a throttle linkage

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: fabricate a throttle linkage
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:53:17 EDT
In an effort to move my throttle pedal closer to the floor, I was considering
adapting a cable actuated "modern" linkage.  I really need to get the go
pedal lower than the brake by about an inch.  I'm thinking I can somehow use a
pulley system to get more movement at the carbs with less movement of the
pedal.
I'm 6'2" and I really want to keep my 15" vintage steering wheel.  I've made
some mods to the pedal itself.  But to get the butterflies 100% open, the
pedal is still about 1" higher than the brake.  Any ideas?  I've thought about
fabricating a new bell crank with a different geometry that would accomplish
what
I want to do.  Any ideas?
Joe Davis