RE: More alternator questions...

To: "rhill" <hill@mninter.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: More alternator questions...
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:39:52 -0700
        Bob:

        The howling was the alternator after a diode gave up the ghost.
The windings howl as the current flow begins to pulsate after one of the
diodes goes bye-bye =:-(
        Moss sells a kit that converts the wiring harness to the more
modern alternator style. As I recall, they do not leave any wires
unconnected, but I could be wrong. Anyway, before you toss in another
alternator and if you are going to upgrade to a modern one, get the kit
from moss or study how they hook it up and then do likewise.
        Sorry about your $112 alternator.
        Another hapless victim sacrificed on the altar to - "Lucas,
Prince of Darkness".

        Vance