Re: More alternator questions...

To: rhill <hill@mninter.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More alternator questions...
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 06:57:21 -0700 (PDT)
Bob,

Don't suppose you still have the old one?  Reason I
ask...

I just replaced a set of brushes on a friends car.
His was doin' the same as yours.  The brushes are
$2.35 from Moss(nfi).  They're incredibly easy to
replace.  I did it with the alternator on the car.
Upon inspection, one of his had worn about 2/3 down.
The other was probably usable, but for $2.35 for a
pair...just replace both.  I think many people are
intimidated by alternators.  At least the Lucas brand.
 They're not that hard to work on.

Just a thought.

Todd Bermudez
CD198L