Re: Frame Repair Questions

To: John Cohen <jmcoh@adelphia.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Frame Repair Questions
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:24:11 -0700 (PDT)
John,

Mark Johnson & I just tackled something similar to
what you're doin'.  My problem was that the
bottom(closest to the lower t-shirt) had developed a
hole...quarter size, but as we all know...it was
bigger once we started hammering.  So, we cut out a
larger hole...well square.  He welded a piece of
metal, vertically, beside the tubes...tacked it on the
fore & aft sides.  We only did one side, but you can
see where this would strengthen the tues.  Then we
welded a plate onto the bottom.  If it's done right
you shouldn't notice the fix.

I suppose you could cut a hole in the bottom & put new
tubes in, but all this was done with the body on the
car.  We did the diff mounts whilst were under there.
Loads of POR-15 & she's good as new!

Good luck,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L