Seat belt question

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat belt question
From: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:56:19 -0500
My DPO did not like to wear his seat belts.  As a result, he unplugged all the
wires underneath the two seats so that
the seat belt warning lights wouldn't work.  I'd like to hook them back up
(partially to follow the law, partially to
figure out if the wiring is still operative).  The car is a 74 1/2 and it
appears that the sensors are built into the
receiving end of the seat belt harness because each has a wire running out of
it.  Underneath the carpet are four
unplugged wires (two of which are from the seat belts, the other two appearing
to be part of the wiring harness).  I
haven't pulled out the carpet completely, but it looks like there are three
unplugged wires on the passenger side and
one on the driver side (I am wondering if one of the three wires on the
passenger side actually belongs on the driver
side and was moved by the DPO).  Does anyone know how to these hook up
properly? Does it matter which of the two wires
from the wiring harness are hooked up to seat belt or are they
interchangeable?) It is a little confusing because the
plugs at the end of each wire are such that you can connect any two of the four
together. Thanks.

John V.

74 1/2 TR6