RE: mazda mx-5 seats swap

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: mazda mx-5 seats swap
From: "Ray Drinkwater" <raydrink@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:17:27 -0000
 Stan wrote:

"Regarding those speakers..  The units installed at the factory are
special tweeters that go with a special output on the Miata head unit.
They will sound like crap if you plug them into a normal speaker output
on a standard head unit."

Sounds like mine................... thanks for that. I will investigate
fitting full-range 3" speakers.

Joe wrote:

"were you able to get the seats as low as the stock seats? I need as much leg
room beneath the steering wheel as
possible."

The answer using the UK-supplied fittings, as discussed, is "no". The Miata
seats end up higher, which suits me as I suspect my TR5 seats had sagged and
put me too close to the floor. No reason why you shouldn't be able to make you
own lower fittings though.

regards
Ray Drinkwater