RE: 236 mile brand new TR6?

To: "Joe Merone" <jmerone@rocketmail.com>,
Subject: RE: 236 mile brand new TR6?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 08:16:33 -0700
        Joe:

        Looks legitimate to me. I would caution anyone who gets excited
about this being a "brand new" car that lots of stuff deteriorates just
from sitting. While the fact that the car was stored indoors helps
tremendously, things like hoses, weather stripping and belts deteriorate
just from exposure to the ozone present in air. I noticed that the brake
fluid was a nice muddy brown, indicating that it has absorbed lots of
water from the air, which in turn means that the steel brake lines and
caliper pistons have had ample opportunity to rust. So it goes.
        This is a wonderful car, and obviously is as original as they
come. But it is not brand new, and there will be lots of things that
need to be reworked. The current owner commented that the carbs needed
to be rebuilt before he could even start the car. I would also be very
concerned about the urethane foam in the upholstery. It tends to turn
into crumbs as it ages, so how long before the seats collapse once
someone begins to sit in them?
        Still, $25k is in the right ballpark for a car this original and
in this kind of condition. Looks like it will go for a fair price....

        Vance