Re: Teflon Tape On Oil Drain Plug

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Teflon Tape On Oil Drain Plug
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 16:26:37 -0700
Marty---It could be that the last time your oil was changed the
attendant saw oil weeping from the plug threads, and added the tape. The
tapered threads here usually don't require assistance, but it normally
wouldn't hurt to add it.  Even if some tape did get into the oil supply,
the filter should catch it.

Dick

From:
marty.tr6@gmail.com(Marty Clark)

Teflon Tape On Oil Drain Plug
I've had my TR6 for a couple of years now and while changing the oil for
only the second time myself (I had been taking it to a shop to get lubed
with the oil change, no I don't own a lube gun) I gave the drain plug a
look to see if anything was amiss and I noticed reminants of what I
assumed to be Teflon tape buried in between the threads of the plug. I
did dig it all out before putting the drain plug back in. Anyone heard
of this? I hope the rest that I didn't find was in the old filter.
Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U