Teflon Tape On Oil Drain Plug

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Teflon Tape On Oil Drain Plug
From: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:21:49 -0700
I've had my TR6 for a couple of years now and while changing the oil for
only the second time myself (I had been taking it to a shop to get lubed
with the oil change, no I don't own a lube gun) I gave the drain plug a look
to see if anything was amiss and I noticed reminants of what I assumed to be
Teflon tape buried in between the threads of the plug. I did dig it all out
before putting the drain plug back in. Anyone heard of this? I hope the
rest that I didn't find was in the old filter.

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U
http://www.triumphowners.com/798