RE: Ninety Thousand Dollar Triumph!!

To: Jsut4fun@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Ninety Thousand Dollar Triumph!!
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:20:49 -0500
I personally know of a 63-67 (somewhere in that year) Corvette big block
that was restored here in BG,KY which was sold as  an "original" which went
for $250,000. The body was stripped of paint (many layers were removed) and
repainted and some of the hinges were painted silver insted of cad coating.
The guys who restored it couldn't believe it brought that much. I don't
remember if it was a #'s matching car. While this shop repainted my car,
their work isn't THAT good. Mind you I did the body work on mine since I
didn't think the shop's quality could satisfy me.
Just because it's at Barret Jackson doesn't mean it's what the auctioneer
says it is.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My 1969 TR6 restoration @