Tranny questions (both probably dumb...)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Tranny questions (both probably dumb...)
From: "Jamie Palmer" <tr6driver@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:32:19 -0400
Ok, I'm embarrassed to be asking these, especially since I've successfully
rebuilt TR6 tranny's in the DISTANT past, but I'm in the middle of a tranny
rebuild (actually, a rebuld/OD conversion) and have run into a couple of issues:

1.  I can't get the center bearing to release it's hold on the mainshaft.
Short of acquiring or machining up a Churchill tool, anyone got any surefire
tip to getting the bearing to release?  It's had PB Blaster on it for 2 weeks
and it hasn't made a noticeable difference.

2.  Bob Lang, whom I trust a LOT after reading advice for years, uses Redline
MTL in his trannys...which works for me, but I don't know that they are OD.
Without raising the whole issue about oil choice for tranny, is the Redline MTL
ok for an OD tranny?

Thanks in advance.  If you're interested in what this is going in (NOT a TR6),
check out the blog at http://2000estate.blogspot.com.

Jamie Palmer
tr6driver@earthlink.net