Re: Dip or Strip?

To: Stephen Halkett <Stephen@silex.com>,
Subject: Re: Dip or Strip?
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:31:44 -0700 (PDT)
Stephen,

We had a nice little conversation with a nice Group 44
Mechanic we'll call Lanky.  He talked about making the
Group 44 TR6 lighter.  They managed to lighten the
body by dipping the body in a swimming pool of
acid...worked great...except...he said, once they
dipped it, they could never keep the car from rusting.
 Acid would always manage to weep out somewhere &
remove paint.  In my book, blasting is the way to
go...especiall with low pressure soda...if he's good
at it.  The big thing with sand blasting is removing
metal.  I don't think soda will do it if done right.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO