Re: to Dick and Vance

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: to Dick and Vance
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:29:10 -0700
Hi all,

I absolutely do not claim to be an expert ( I'm always amazed things
work after I finish :-) )on the theories of supercharger design &
application but wouldn't there be other factors affecting adiabatic
efficiency of individual units, such as present air temperature, fuel
temperature & actual design. I would imagine some units may be more
efficient than others. This was one of Eatons claims when I was hooked
on this in the beginning . I have never dyno'd the car but I am curious
and would like to know the numbers. If I get the opportunity to do it
I'll share the stats with the list.

Unfortunately the design for this car with the SC mounted on the intake
side does not allow for an intercooler. I have seen some mount the
blower on the other side of the motor and route the intake through an
intercooler to the intake.

All of this in an exercise in fun , learning & discussing  new
technologies with friends. I learn something new every day, sometimes I
even understand & remember it !

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside  N.Y.