re:tachometer

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: re:tachometer
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:35:08 -0700
Harry---You can connect the distributor drive end of the tach cable to a
hand drill motor to see if the tach needle moves. (I don't recall which
direction the cable should turn)  A little ore work would be to
disconnect the cable from behind the tach to view the cable, while the
engine is idling.
If no dice on the turning, remove the distributor and the inspection
plate on the side, Observe the nylon gear, as you turn the dist. shaft
from the bottom. Something will make itself known.

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@autox.team.net From:
hhart2404@charter.net(Harry Hart) Date: Tue, Jun 20, 2006, 2:13pm
(PDT+2) To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: re:tachometer
The tachometer in the TR6 has recently stopped working. I checked the
cable and it is working. Then as a test I hooked up a tach from a TR
that I knew was working and got the same results. Is it possible that
there is a problem with the distributor?
Thanks
Harry Hart