re:tachometer

To: Harry Hart <hhart2404@charter.net>
Subject: re:tachometer
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:40:32 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Harry Hart wrote:

> The tachometer in the TR6 has recently stopped working. I checked the cable
> and it is working. Then as a test I hooked up a tach from a TR that I knew was
> working and got the same results. Is it possible that there is a problem with
> the distributor?

It is very possible that the tach drive in the dizzy has croaked.

They were unavailable a few years back, I have no idea if that situation
has changed.

Worst case - convert to electric, about $200 from www.gaugeguys.com

> Thanks
> Harry Hart

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx