Luggage Rack

To: Jsut4fun@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Luggage Rack
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:46:19 -0400
Ken wrote:
<snip>
>I now own a completely original 1976 TR6 with only 18,000 miles on  it.
>Every part on the car is original from the factory or dealer except  the
battery.
>It has the same AMCO rack as my 1975 car did.  Again,  this is the rack
with
>the smaller round tubes.
>I think that this is the more typical rack for the TR6's.  I don't  even
>remember seeing the wider, flatter racks back in the seventies!
>Ken

Ken - FWIW -
   My 76 TR6 (which was a completely original, 31,000
mile car when I bought it in 1989) had the more sturdy,
wide flat rack on it. Granted, the PO could have installed
it sometime between '76 and '89, but if they didn't see
fit to change the wires or hoses, it seems odd that they
would add a luggage rack. YMMV.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH/ Highland, NY