RE: To the point, used to be Re: to Dick and Vance

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <acekraut11@aol.com>
Subject: RE: To the point, used to be Re: to Dick and Vance
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 01:20:44 -0400
I've got to chime in on this now. This past couple of weeks has been spent
adding an intercooler to my multiport fuel injected supercharged TR6. That's
quite a mouthful! So is it now an adiabatic TR6? Just kidding.

If you haven't seen this car, it has been my hobby for the last several
years and at one time, my daily driver for the past 20 years. My passion has
been messing about under the hood. A couple years ago I built an intake
manifold and converted it from carbs to MPI. Not wanting to stop there, last
year a Mercedes Eaton M62 blower was added to the left side of the engine
and a GM alternator low on the right hand side. This year's first project is
to add the intercooler. That project should be done this week (new radiator
is at the shop now having the lower hose connection turned upward and a
drain cock added). Hopefully it will roaring around again by the weekend.
I'm a tad biased but I think the installation looks first rate.

As others have mentioned, normal easy driving is very much like a stock 75
TR6. This model supercharger has an electric clutch like an A/C compressor.
Hit the green rocker switch and the blower in engaged but doesn't produce
until you really push the gas pedal. It runs up to 9.5LBS of boost and is
like a kick in the pants! It really scoots! Great fun. Zero to sixty in 5.1
seconds BEFORE intercooling.

It is still running the stock twin pipe exhaust and that is next on my list.
The new system will be stainless 2.5" single pipe to a Dynomax muffler.
Afterwards it will be fine tuned on a dyno. I'll see if Aaron will hold the
camera again and will post the dyno numbers.

There are pictures and videos on my web site but tonight it is unfortunately
down with server issues. Hopefully they will be back up later tonight or
tomorrow. http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/ .  If the server takes longer
than that I can email a couple of underhood photos if anyone's interested.

Rick Patton
75 TR6sci
Brunswick, Maine

ps Hat's off to Moss for offering a bolt on TR6 supercharger kit! There is
much more R & D involved than most imagine.

snip