Re: Weber v. others

To: james.f.juhas@snet.net, vance.navarrette@intel.com
Subject: Re: Weber v. others
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:42:30 -0500
I heard form one of the guys who  rebuilds SU's and ZS (some guy on ebay).
that while the ZS don't have the needle selection that the SU's do a
correctly set up ZS is a more fuel effecient carb and responds quicker to
throttle changes than the SU. Just repeating what I was told.
At one time I was thinking of chainging from Triple ZS's to tripple Su's,
but was talked out of it. The problems I was having was related to fule
starvation of the last carb due to a Canadian aftermarket fuel pump and one
of the needles slipping off the adjuster. The carbs have been doing great
for three years now, haven't touched them since originally setting them up.
Still need to change out the needles to get a little leaner mixture. Even
thought the car is runing rich, it gets excellent highway mileage (27-32),
city is about 20 mpg ( I like to rev it throught he gears and hear the
motor.)

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My 1969 TR6 restoration @