Re: Trailing arm (rear) : material ?

To: dimitri.huygen@skynet.be, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailing arm (rear) : material ?
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:50:41 EDT
In a message dated 6/25/2006 5:33:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dimitri.huygen@skynet.be writes:

Does  anyone know what kind of material the rear trailing arms are made of  ?
Personnaly i guess they're in aluminum because they tend to shine when  you
polish them. However it's a guess, can anyone tell me for sure  ?

They are cast aluminum.

a bit of useless trivia: if you get them really clean (as I have via bead
blasting prior to powder coating) you can see where the date they were cast was

hand scratched in the sand mold - it'll be on the surface just in front of
where  the hub mounts - you can't see it until you take the brake backing plate
off.

Cheers
Jack Mc