RE: Trailing arm (rear) : material ?

To: <Pimento73@aol.com>, <dimitri.huygen@skynet.be>,
Subject: RE: Trailing arm (rear) : material ?
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:08:28 -0400
> you can see where the date they were cast was hand scratched in the
sand mold

How cool. This weekend I installed Richard Good's adjustable brackets
and in the process cleaned up my trailing arms and sure enough there is
a hand written date 15/8/74. I took pictures, perhaps we can compare
handwriting :-)

BTW thanks to Vance and possibly others who have suggested using a two
arm gear puller to push out the old bushes in the trailing arms. They
popped out with no drama in a couple of minutes and I'm sure I would
have been scratching my head wondering how to extract them without this
bit of advice.

Stan