Re: non-LBC rant

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>
Subject: Re: non-LBC rant
From: "Paul G. Edelstein" <pgedelstein@capitaltriumphregister.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:23:20 -0400
Kevin,

Have you tried applying a tried-and-true LBC technique, well known to Stag
owners in particular --- installing Helicoils?  Easy enough to DIY, but if
you are queasy, any self respecting mechanic can do this for a whole lot
less than $5k.  If it doesn't work, you need a new head anyway.

Also, if your set on dumping the Ford, I submit that a nationality-correct
Range Rover makes an excellent tow vehicle ;-{)  (yes, yes, I know Ford now
owns Land Rover, but pre-2004 Land Rovers had no Ford design influence ....)

Cheers,

Paul E.
Annandale VA
71 TR6 Damson CC67060