RE: The wheels saga

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>,
Subject: RE: The wheels saga
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:11:17 -0400
I had my original rims straightened and powder-coated last year. It
ended up costing about $200/corner with shipping etc, but has kept the
original look and given nice smooth ride. I suffered for ages with the
dreaded highway shake. No amount of balancing could fix it. I used
www.rimandwheelworks.com. I'm certainly happy to have a smooth(er) ride.
Be careful; they did a very nice job of powder coating the insides and
front of the rims, but did not coat the rear side. They came back
perfectly sandblasted bare steel on the back. I had to paint the back
myself after discovering they were turning brown behind. However, they
are definitely straight and look nice.

Cheers,

Mark 1972 TR6