RE: British Leyland Emblem

To: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: British Leyland Emblem
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 20:04:37 -0400
So, my original 1972 PI model had light blue Leyland badges. Wind the
clock forward 30 years to last summer and I want to put some on my newly
renovated '74 and I get a set from TRF. They are very nice enameled
badges but were dark blue. I called TRF and complained, they said well
BL used several different colors and they (TRF) had picked just one to
repro.

The ones I got from Moss were the same as the TRF badges (same dark blue
color, identical construction).

I saw that VB had some and they were what I considered the correct light
blue but they were made by applying an aluminum stick on emblem to a
chromed backing plate and they just looked cheap and I didnt have much
confidence in the alu badge staying stuck to the plate because it was
already peeling off in one corner.

So in the end I went with the better made TRF badges even though I
considered them to be the wrong color.

Stan