Re; cam opinions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re; cam opinions
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 11:17:42 -0700
Cary---These two cams will provide more power, but further up in the
power band. To get the power down lower, the duration and overlap needs
to be shorter. (like a stock grind)

For an intermediate grind option between stock and the S-2, the
Iskenderian Z-19 offers valve opening/ closing of 24/64 at .020 lifter
rise, cam lift of .267 and duration of 268 deg.
It moves the power band up about 500rpm from stock, whereas the S-2 I
had at one time came in around 1,000rpm later than stock.
The Isky allows an idle speed as low as 700, but there is a definite
lope at the lower idle. (Sounds OK to me!)

Lots to choose from, but if you want low end power, stay closer to the
stock grind and go with a rocker ratio change.

Dick

From:
caryhenry@hotmail.com(Cary Henry)

While my head is off at the machine shop, I am planning on replacing my
stock cam with a more aggressive grind. I wil be using the car on the
street only, and am looking for something with a little more power   and
a lower power band. The two cams I have found that best suit my needs
are the Goodparts GP2 cam ($179) and the TS S2 cam ($125). I am curious
as to what everyone's opinions are on these cams, and if there are any
other good cams out there that meet my needs.
Thanks,
Cary