I'm HOT!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: I'm HOT!
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:51:20 -0700 (PDT)

  I have no complaints at all about how my 72 runs, or about how it looks in
its new emerald paint. What IS a problem is the amount of heat welling up from
beneath the dash. I do admit to having coated headers and a single pipe
extractor exhaust. On the other hand I have foil faced underfelt (installed
foil side down) and new carpet. I also have a set of aftermarket TR6 mats under
the rubber TR mats. I also ran a bypass hose aroung the heather core in case
the heater valve wasn't fully closing. Still pretty stinkin' hot in the
interior.

  It may be that the tranny is part of the source of the heat, but I'm looking
for suggestions for other possibilities. Should I consider installing a double
layer of underfelt? What about the front ends of the pedal boxes?

  Also, I've found some foil faced plastic bubble wrap insulation called
"Reflectix" at my hardware store. Not terribly expensive either. Would this be
suitable to attach to the bottom of the hood to reduce heat damage to my paint?
Has anyone tried this, or something like it?

  Sick of bein' hot.

  Jim