Re: I'm HOT!

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I'm HOT!
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 21:20:37 -0700 (PDT)
Wow! Is this list great?

  The consensus I've gotten is that the transmission is likely the major
culprit, so I guess I'll have to pull the seats and carpet and look at
insulating and sealing it more thoroughly. Gary's idea about looking for holes
in the firewall seems like a worthy try, too. I reckon I'll put the drop light
inside the footwells, turn the lights off, and look for light bleeding out
through the firewall!

  Don't blow off any essential body parts tormorrow!

  Jim

GSFuqua1@aol.com wrote:
      Jim, I would definitely NOT use the bubble material under the hood.  If
you want something there then the foil lined jute is just fine. (Foil side
toward the motor)   I HAVE used the bubble material on the bottom side (i.e.
toward the ground and on the outside of the car) on the inside of the tranny
tunnel and then the foil backed jute on the inside of the car.  That has worked
fine.  If you do that then place the foil toward the ground and seam seal with
foil tape.  Otherwise the bubble material will melt and the road splash will
tear it up pretty quickly.  Also make sure you sealed the tranny tunnel where
it meets the floor pans and the firewall.

  My guess is that you still have many opening along the firewall where hot air
and heat are coming in.  Check along there with a someone under the dash and
someone else shinning a flash light from the engine bay.  You may be surprised
at what light you see.  If you want to really do a job on the heat then go with
the Dynamat extreme rather than the foil jute or bubble material.  It will
deaden the sound but it will really seal things too.  Especially if used in
conjunction with some foil tape to seal the seams.  It is expensive stuff but I
promise you when it is installed correctly and the other holes are plugged you
interior will be as cool as the outside air will allow it to be. i.e. NO heat
coming into the car from the engine bay, floors or tranny tunnel.

  Cheers & happy 4th!!

  Gary Fuqua
  Classic Sports Cars
  Branson, MO