RE: Now that I have the Mallory - timing quesion

To: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Now that I have the Mallory - timing quesion
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 08:58:20 -0700
        Andy:

        The 4 ATDC number is only valid if you have a working vacuum
retard on your dizzy. I can't imagine that the Mallory will use a retard
(although it might have a vacuum ADVANCE). So, the correct number to use
is 10 BTDC. With a stock dizzy this will give 36 degrees total advance.
(There is 26 degrees of mechanical advance in a stock dizzy - at least
there is on my 1974-1/2)
        I would set the initial timing to 10BTDC as a starting point.
You can try moving this around if your Mallory has more or less
mechanical advance than the stock dizzy.

        Cheers,

        Vance