Re: (no subject) ammeter

To: cgrimes@golden.net (colin)
Subject: Re: (no subject) ammeter
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:59:06 -0700
Colin---I will offer what Dan Masters has to say, taken from his TR
Electrical Maintenance Handbook.

In part...
"As stated earlier, if the light grows dimmer as the engine is rev'd up,
it is because the alternator voltage is rising with the RPM, producing
more voltage on the alternator side of the amp. The closer the output
gets to the battery voltage, the dimmer the bulb becomes. By the same
way, if the light gets brighter with increasing RPM, it is because as
the alternator voltage increases, it is getting higher than the battery
voltage. The higher the voltage with respect to the battery voltage, the
greater the voltage difference across the lamp, and the brighter it
gets".

To me, this indicates that the battery is weak, or the alternator
doesn't shut off when reaching the set limit.  A volt meter should show
which is true.

There are several pages in Dan's book that explains how all of this
comes about. Good reading, but a little tough to follow the first time
thru. (for me)

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@autox.team.net From: cgrimes@golden.net(colin) Date:
Wed, Jul 12, 2006, 10:22pm (PDT+3) To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: (no
subject)
I am having issues unit is charging according to ammeter but warning
light goes brighter when throttle increased.
I assume (silly but) that the problem is with the regulator module , if
so are these available.
10 years into it will be on the road soon ?????
colin